Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cucumber Mint Water

What am I going to do with all this mint in my garden? Try this lightly flavored water on a hot & humid afternoon to hydrate & relax. I served this at a cook off at the Wake Forest Farmers Market & everyone was amazed at how refreshing it was!

  • I/2 gallon of distilled water, room temperature
  • 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 cups of fresh mint from your garden, crumbled a bit in your hand to release the oils (I used chocolate mint that I bought at Herbfest this year)

Pour water into a pitcher & add the cucumber, lemon juice & mint. Let steep for about an hour at room temperature & chill. I would say to discard the contents from the pitcher after a day but we drink it up so quickly ours is usually gone that day!

Recipe from Gourmet Sensations, Healthy Food Alternatives for Body & Soul by Cindy Karas
Share/Bookmark

No comments: